Island Therapies Sessions
At Island Therapies we believe that it is important to develop a solid foundation of communication. Each child's treatment includes time with a parent or guardian to discuss progress.
Sessions consist of the following:
One clinical hour of individual therapy is 50 minutes.
One clinical half-hour of individual therapy is 25 minutes.
Progress is discussed with parents every session. If further discussion is necessary, we will be happy to set up a consultation.
- Lidcombe Program – Evidence based stuttering treatment for children
- Integrated Approach - Fluency Shaping and Stuttering Modification Techniques
- Demands-Capacity Model - counseling the family to make environmental changes for pre-schoolers who stutter
- PROMPT - Evidence based approach for apraxia as well as a variety of speech sound disorders
- Play Therapy/Floortime - child directed approach to early intervention
- Tongue Trust Therapy - important for dentition, speech and swallowing
- Social Skills Intervention - for children with various social communication difficulties
- Accent Modification - English pronunciation for second language learners
- Speech, Language and Hearing Screenings - for children of all ages
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR & AED - important to be prepared for any emergency
For more information please e-mail us at: info@IslandTherapies.net